PARK AND ENJOY THE NATURE!
Title of the project: Comprehensive introduction of environmentally friendly mobility in Triglav National Park for the preservation and real experiencing of nature
Project acronym: PARK AND ENJOY THE NATURE !
Project background: Natural values Lake Bohinj and Krn - moraine in the area of Triglav National Park (TNP) are visited by many tourists due to the attraction of their preserved nature. This is positive for local economic development; however, non-sustainable car mobility of visitors, especially in the summer season, endangers their nature.
Project objectives: The objective of the project is to expand possiblities and increase attraction of visiting all included natural values and TNP, respectively, by various modes of soft mobilty (walking and biking, public transport), enhance the understanding of visitors about the impact of motor traffic on nature, and reduce car traffic load of nature values included.
Project goal: The goal of the project is to expand accessibility of both natural values included for all groups of visitors, enhance the attraction of their experiencing and by reducing load of individual motor traffic contribute to the preservation of nature.
Project results: project will have following most important results:
• 6 upgraded car parks near the Lake Bohinj NV enabling the use of the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS), and the information about, and promotion of, visiting/experiencing the natural value by using soft mobility;
• 2 spots with equipment for renting/returning bicycles and 14 new bicycles for visiting and experiencing nature in the area of Lake Bohinj;
• new car park near the Kuhinja pasture enabling organized and safe parking of 60 cars, and turning of public transport and private buses;
• an information point on the significance of sustainable mobility for nature preservation in the Lake Bohinj NV at the premises of the TNP Information Centre in Stara Fužina.
• test implementations of touristic packages for sustainable visiting Bohinj Lake and Upper Soča Valley with optimum combination of various forms of public transport (PT) (bus, railway, auto train, boat) with the existing/newly set up soft mobility (SM) possibilities. Following the testing and improvements, the selected solutions will be offered for regular implementation.
• 4 upgraded tourist programmes of interpreting and experiencing nature in the areas of all NVs trough their visiting by public transport and other modes of soft mobility
• research on the optimum introduction of sustainable mobility to the selected natural values (NV) and Communication Plan for introduction of such mobility;
Project value: 403.402,50 EUR, of which 322.722,00 EUR (80% of eligible costs) will be co-financed by EEA Financial Mechanism Programme 2009-2014
Project partners: Triglav National Park (Lead partner), Community of Bohinj, Community of Kobarid, Tourism Bohinj, Centre for Sustainable Rural Development Kranj, Soča Valley Development Centre, Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Institute of Slovenian Ethnology
Project duration: 04/03/2015 – 30/04/2016
More information on the project:
Triglav National Park
Contact person: Davorin Koren, Head of the Sustainable Development Department
Mobile: + 386 31 345 479
Contact person: Urška Smukavec
Tel: + 386 4 57 47 590
More information on the EEA Financial Mechanism Programme 2009-2014:
• http://www.eeagrants.org (official website of the EEA Financial Mechanism Programme 2009-2014)
• http://www.eeagrants.si (Slovene national website of the EEA Financial Mechanism Programme 2009-2014)
• http://www.svrk.gov.si (website of the Slovene national authority responsible for EEA Financial Mechanism Programme 2009-2014)
There are no events available right now